View Single Post
Old March 2, 2013, 01:39 PM
MVP

Default i2600k no sign of overclock, bothersome :(

I am currently trying to over clock my i2600k cpu. Turning off all known functions such as VDroop, EIST, C1E Support , CPU C3 Report, while leaving TURBO MODE enabled along with Internal PLL Voltage Override also enabled, theres no sign of a overclock when in windows (windows 7 x64) I'm really just looking for something to regester here, im not looking to shoot for the stars on an overclock. I basically followed this guide.. EVGA P67 Quick Overclocking Guide. CpuZ v1.63.0 x64 does not show any change after applying the overclock in the bios. Coretemp, realtemp all show the same info as CpuZ.. Although.... the bios does show the overclock on the general info tab in the bios. Why wont any program see the overclock? I also installed Evgas E-leet utility as a double check and still it shows only stock speeds. The top part of the overclock tab is greyed out showing empty boxes. Somethings wrong here but im not sure what. A bad CPU? Something bad on the motherboard?

Just thought maybe someone would be able to shed a little light on the subject or may have experiecced something similar. I have overclocked before and i have a "general" understanding of what to do and look for, but the Sandy bridge i2600k in new to me.

Motherboard is a brand new - Evga z68 SLI board (it was sent from evga on rma for my 680i that crapped out)
Memory is - G.Skill Ripjaws x F3 12800CL8- 8gigs ddr3 1600 cl8-8-8-24 (2 sticks of 4)

Power Supply - corsair ax850

I would be greatful for any suggestions.
Attached Images

i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid