View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
Ok guys, I ordered a second 7970. I'm going to run it on air for a while until I get this stuff figured out and acquire everything I'll need to add it to my existing loop.

This is what my setup looks like right now.

The second 7970 will be going where the sound card is for dual x16 operation, and the sound card will be moved up to either the x1 slot under the top the card or the second x16 slot (which will only run at x8 if used in crossfire).

Anyhow, down to my questions......

1 - Should I run the the water through the video card waterblocks in serial or parallel?

2 - Will I need another rad? My temps are excellent right now. CPU doesn't break 45*C, GPU tops out at 47*C, and mobo hovers around 35*C. I can add a 120 rad at the rear if I have to.

3 - Will my pump be adequate for the added components? I'm running an EK-DCP 4.0 which is capable of pushing 800L/hour.

4 - Are the new EK CSQ blocks any better then the old ones? I'd like to run two of the same blocks mainly for aesthetics, but I can't find one the same as I currently have..... kinda bums me out.

Thanks in advance!
How come your rig looks so much more tidy,and uncluttered than mine?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5