View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013, 02:37 PM
Rookie

Smile Award for helping me building a Gaming PC.

Hello EXPERTS!
My name is Bill and I play PC games. My last one burned out so I kind of need a new one pretty bad.
Since I know little about building a PC, therefore here I am asking for helps.
I have pretty much no IDEA about choosing CPUs, motherboard, or even video cards.
ALL I am sure is that my budget is under $1,000. Ive got monitor and mouse and keyboard, so the budget is all for the desktop. Im a huge GTA fan...maybe I am asking too much, but is it possible to build a PC that can run GTA4 or even GTA5 smoothly at this budget?
So would anyone be interested in helping me build a Gaming PC based on this?
I haven't thought about the reward actually, cuz if I got additional money I would put it into budget. I'm currently a college student, this kind of money is a big deal to me. Usually I can get some used stuff from my rich friends, maybe I can pick the finest to be the reward IDK.

I just saw this list of questions

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Gaming mostly, then WORD stuff....

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
$1,000.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
Im in Vancouver Canada, so NCIX would be a good idea.
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

NO...man
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
Ive got monitor and keyboard, so all I need is the desktop.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
yeah and I don't understand most of them

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
wow what is this? Default?

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
ASAP please

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
1920*1080

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
maybe USB3.0 thanks

Last edited by WantaPC; February 27, 2013 at 04:11 PM.