View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"Why can’t I write a game for Xbox tomorrow using $100 worth of tools and my existing Windows laptop and test it on my home Xbox or at my friends’ houses?," he asked. "Why can’t I then distribute it digitally in a decent online store, give up a 30 percent cut and strike it rich if it’s a great game, like I can for Android, for iPhone, or for iPad?"

This is a very interesting argument... but the real issue is if apple delivers the hardware required to cultivate an ecosystem that goes beyond current ideas and really makes this a "computer on the TV" full experience. Honestly, we're gonna see a lot of interesting changes and a lot of crash and burning in the next year or so. We have nvidia Cloud computing trying to offer the market, but developers who don't want to put their top end titles on a streaming cloud service, valve box, that other weird mini console thing (forget the name), PS4, PS vita (joke), New Xbox, wii u, Intel is poised to jump into the living room, possibly Apple has something big, mobile phones, tablets, and I think I forgot one. I love the nvidia shield idea, but I really think they'll get crowded out as the "newcomer."