View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
Top Prospect

Upscaling to 4K isn't that big of a deal.

If your source (PS4/Xbox 720) doesn't do it, the 4KTV's internal scaler (of likely higher quality and ability) would be doing it anyway. I am sure 1080P Blu-rays will be just fine on the few 4KTV's out in the wild.

I would be interested in finding out if it can output 4K for video sources though! How the PS3 was the first reasonable and "best" blu-ray player, it would be nice if the PS4 could slot itself in as a great way to get into 4K movies. (Not that there's a huge benefit to 4K anyway).

And regarding 720P and 60FPS in current gen consoles. It's probably not common, but possible. Perhaps some of the racing games and Xbox Live / PSN arcade games. Having said that, 720P or higher with Crysis 3 level effects at 60fps minimum on the PS4 and Xbox 720 would be a huge leap in my opinion. (And a high quality 720P game with no framerate drop would be a better experience than 1080P rendering with less effects and dropped frames from your couch - typical console situation).

Woot? It does 4K for everything except for games, and implying 1080p/60 is a reality.

Last edited by Bao; February 21, 2013 at 09:50 AM.