View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 05:59 PM
Top Prospect

Default Help a Watercooling nooby :3?

Hello all. So I've never done WC, but I have a big project coming up that I'm hoping to have done by the end of this year.

I have been doing some research, but I still got a lot to learn.

I have quite a few questions.

1) What tubing is usually recommended? I believe 3/8 and 1/4 are the most common? What is the pros and cons to each? I know the bigger tubing obviously cools more, but may look bulkier, and the bigger tubing also kinks easier..? Any other pros / cons?

2) What kinda fittings are there? Compression and barbed..? What are the differences, how do they work? I want to go for Matte Black Bitspower fittings as the color on them is just astonishing.

3) I want to get a cooling block for my upcoming 680, but I want a clear block, or a real nice black one. I've seen em on some cards, but can't seem to find the one I'm looking for. I want the blue coolant I'll be using (will be using Mayhem's Deep Blue dye) to show around the card. EX - http://www.murderbox.eu/_mdpc-murder...box-mk2-05.jpg

4) How do I know if a pump is powerful enough for my loop? Are there different kind of pumps?

5) How can I get a UV effect on my loop without the thing giving it the effect showing? I want a really clean build. I want to go for clear tubing so my colored coolant will show.

6) What are some popular reservoirs? I've only seen block kinda ones, cylinders, and the helix DNA looking ones. Isn't there more variety?

7) I'm in the US. What is popular other than Koolance, EKWB, XSPC, Bitspower? I feel like EKWB makes great quality blocks, whereas Bitspower has sweet fittings.

Thanks for your time guys. I have so many questions. I'm all over the place haha.