View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 02:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies guys.

If I went 680 I was looking at this EVGA for $450
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature 1084MHZ 2048MB 6208MHZ GDDR5 SLI DVI HDMI DP PCI-E DX11 Video Card

This is the MSI 670 for $380
MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC PE 1079MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

Here is the review Sky did on that MSI 670 = it was so darn close to a vanilla 680.
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC Review

Quote Sky: the MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OCís primary selling point will be its in-game performance. With framerates easily matching or surpassing NVIDIAís $499 GTX 680, we really canít think of a better card for a wide variety of in-game situations. In many ways it is a actually a perfect alternative to NVIDIAís flagship card since MSIís Triple Overvoltage feature allows for some impressive overclocks with only a moderate amount of voltage. The GTX 680 will tend to pull ahead at higher detail settings but more often than not, the framerate difference between these two cards will never be noticeable to gamers.

Sky certainly seemed impressed. The benchmark numbers were also very close.

I certainly do not mind spending the extra $70 for the EVGA 680 but I'll be danged if I don't look for best value.
@SugarJ - Thanks for the link but I am very wary of Galaxy and I'd lay out extra coin to avoid one.