View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 07:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg View Post
I didn't OC for the longest time, and even now I'm only using the AI suite tool which using presets to achieve a 4.2ghz over 3.4 stock. For me it's a no brainer to spend $40 to have the option of spending literally 5 minutes to see a decent gain in performance potential, even if you don't use it you have resale...not too many people want a second hand locked mid-range processor from what I've seen.

Also, swap that PSU out for something from a more reputable company like Corsair, Seasonic, XFX
Where do you get the $40 from? I'd have to go up to the i5-3570K priced matched with Memory Express still about 35ish difference, plus I'll need a cooler. If I can OC it for under 1350 though I'd consider it..never done it but there are enough guides on the Internet I'm sure to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
You've picked a slow laptop drive. Get a 7200 RPM 3.5" drive for your storage.

I'm not familiar with Rosewill PSU's. I'd really recommend going to a Corsair or Seasonic if they fit your budget.
Yeah i just sort pf picked the harddrive because it was cheap..I have a terabyte external, and will be using the SSD for windows and a few other things. So I figured I could save a few bucks getting a smaller cheaper one. But I will be changing it to a faster one.

Also yeah I do agree best not to cheap out on the PSU.

Looking at DZZOPE build looks pretty nice. But why the change in the GPU card? Also, would that PSU be enough for gaming and Ocing?

Again thanks for all the help guys!