View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 11:37 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I was aware it was possible but thought the newer higher quality ones (like this) were a lot less prone to taking out a whole system like this. You'd figure there would be a way from preventing this from happening.

Nice to see NZXT dealing with things and looking forward to seeing how this all turns out.
After a year of working for NZXT, this is the very first time I've heard of this happening from any PSU from the company. Of course, an engineer will have to determine the cause of the actual problem, but if it was the PSU, then this is the unluckiest PSU I've ever seen while working here. Sure, some PSUs go out, and they are designed to fail without taking the rest of your system. Unfortunately, man-made things don't work perfect 100% of the time, so, there are circumstances like this. The owner has been very calm and matter-of-fact about the situation, which I have to applaud him for, because I would be like a frantic, rabid baboon. Luckily he was home when this happened, and I shudder to think that this could have been worse.

Rest assured I don't take it lightly, and neither does anyone else at NZXT.