View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 08:34 PM
Rookie

I was reading up on the SSDs and my only concern now is if I'll have enough stoarge space cause 128MB isn't a whole lot, I may have to cough up the extra money and get a 256MB one. I have a regular drive of 1T which is more than enough but I'm unsure if 256MB would do the trick. I do'nt know my stuff well enough to overclock and wouldn't trust myself to do so anyways. The idea however of just makign an entirely new build may be an option but I'd have to hold off on that for another month at least, something I'm considering but it'll only be the tower (and everything in it) as a complete replacement if I go that route. That means I may be looking to spend hopefully less than a grand on a new tower. As for games that I play I like most Steam games taht use the half life/left4dead/portal engine, liked Borderlands, liked Civ V and have a habit of playing micromanagement games that sometimes need a lot of processing power (big maps on Civ V or big maps on SwordOfStars2) and sometimes lag extremely between turns. Of course I'll be periodically buying up new titles and just like being able to play them without lag or slow run time. I sometimes up the graphics but hate having to reduce them (dont' we all). Plus if I can't find my copy of Win7 and decide not to find a pirated version then that'll be some more coin. Ugh lol, seems like my priorites and money spent is going up... I don't dual screen or want 2 video cards cause I"ve seen a system that had 2 and it just looked crowded and overheated. I apologise for shifting my priorites but I'm liking this advice. Better to spend an extra couple hundred and get something nice for a few years than feel like you've wasted money on something subpar.

Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 8GB 2X4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit

NCIX Gaming Bundle Deal Intel Core i5 3470 Quad Core & ASUS P8Z77-V Lk SLI DDR3 Motherboard

ASUS Radeon HD 7870 1.0GHZ 2GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 CrossFireX DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E DX 11 Video Card

Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5in 256GB SATA3 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Black 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS w/ Fan Controller & Temp Display

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT SP1 DVD OEM

I left out the power supply cause I'm not sure how much wattage I need. I also left out the DVD drive because I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software (or both) that I need to play Blu ray or any specialized CD. This is all running me $914 before shipping and taxes. What would some of you change on that?

Last edited by Whitelight77; February 15, 2013 at 09:21 PM.