View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 07:44 AM
Allstar

It really depends on your situation so it's hard to say what will work best for you. All my clients are in offices so there is always spare monitor cables around. Most of the time it's an abundance of DVI cables and a lack of VGA cables. I'll usually just carry a VGA cable with me and a vga to dvi adapter. I've almost never used HDMI and definitely never for audio so I don't have to worry about that. Mostly because the Dell's and HP's GPU's don't support audio out or the client uses speakers so it's not necessary. As more and more computers are going DVI and display port, I'll probably have to start carrying either a DP adapter or full cable. If there is anything I need I'm able to charge my clients for the time to go out and purchase cables if I don't have spares.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N