View Single Post
Old February 14, 2013, 09:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
I used the Corsair AX850 for two different GTX580 Dual SLI water cooled rigs. Lots of power and no issues. One using the X79 Rampage IV Extreme MB and the other using an X58 Sabertooth MB.

Seasonic is great choice also. Rock solid PSUs. They have fully modular. No issues using their stuff.

I would shy away from OCZ. They make great ram and have great customer service, but I had two of their PSUs that shit the bed. One taking out a MB. Their RMA service was painless, but I was still left with a dead mobo.

OCZ actually left the DRAM Market almost 2 years ago:

OCZ Leaves RAM Market | bit-tech.net

Never had success with it either way, but I agree there PSU's leave a lot to be desired.
That being said the SIlencers (sold under PCP but owned by OCZ) are actually good now (MarkIII's). FWIW they might be worth trying again, but after my GameXtreme and SteathXtreme issues I won't give them a penny.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com