View Single Post
Old February 14, 2013, 01:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default SLI 580GTX or single 680GTX

Hey guys!

It's been a while!

Well, I'm still alive and well! Anyways, So yeah, I've been using my Asus 580GTX DirectCuII since November 2011 and it's been kicking asses ever since. Any game I have thrown at it, it kicked it's ass. Now, as more (and new) games are released, I am starting to feel the need to upgrade. Plus, Crysis 3 is coming out and I'd like to be able to run it 1920x1200 all maxed out just like I did with Crysis 2. I averaged 35FPS with everything maxed out and my current set-up.

So my question is ... What would be a better (wiser) choice money/performance wise. Should I just go out and grab a second 580 GTX or sell it and grab myself a 680 GTX ? There is one thing tho... If I decide to go down the road of SLI (again), I will have to get rid of my Asus 580 GTX DirectCuII anyways since it's triple-slot and won't let me fit a second 580 GTX if I am correct as I have a PCI Sound card as well. So that's one thing to consider for the hassle if would be having to sell this one then find 2 'used' 580 GTX cards.

So, what are your 'experts' (mostly updated as I haven't kept track of whats HOT and whatnot recently) thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot guys!

**Specs in sig**
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14