View Single Post
Old February 11, 2013, 07:51 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I'd suspect FFXIV is going to have some harsh graphics requirements, if you can bump your max up to ~1200 the Asus G55 or an MSI G6 series could work for you and will function as a decent gaming laptop.

Edit;
Actually Newegg has a G55 on sale right now for 999.99 with free shipping;
Newegg.ca - Refurbished: ASUS G75 Series G75VW-BBK5 Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 17.3" 8GB Memory 1TB HDD Double-layer DVD+/-RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

It's refurbished, but I don't think you find a Laptop with a 660M for much less
thanks for the heads up, would love to get the either the G55 (can't see it for 999.99) or even the G75- however i require 2 year warranty which unless i'm mistaken doesn't apply if its a refurbished model. Asus has had a good reputation for their gaming laptop lately and while their exhausts look funny they apparently do their job well. SKYMTL: Great suggestion! I've read conflicting information on the build quality (some say its feels cheap and the keyboard in particular is very flexible, while others don't say there is a problem) of the lenovo Y580, the specs on paper sound great especially if you go for the 1080p display. As you state its cheap to get a 2 year warranty so it fits my specifications. 6lb isn't light but that what you get when you go for a more powerful machine.