View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
Not giving bad advise. Tell me how a 680 can put out as well as a pair of GTX580s. It aint gonna happen. There is a noticeable difference. If it is noticeable to the eye, it will be more apparent in numbers from a benchmark. Again, if a 680 is noticeable, a 660 surely will be. He is going from a CF config to a single card. If he wants or expects close to the same level of performance, a 660 is not going to do it.

Let us see an actual screeny rather than something that could have been contrived in notepad. Ultimately, it comes to how much money he is willing to spend. If you want the best, then buy the best. A 660 isnt the best by any means. Remember, he isnt going to a single card not because of cost, it is because of a hardware limitation.

Just offering help and a view point from what I have seen myself. Hell, a GTX480 will likely give a 660 a run for its money in raw 3D performance. That I cant confirm myself as I dont have a 660. But my money would be on the 480.
I usually sit on the sidelines and just try and referee some of this discussion but I am going to have to stop you right there.

A 480 is not as good as a 580, and yet the 660TI at 1920x1200 beats it on Crysis 2.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Review

Please make sure you do some proper research before making certain assumptions.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com