View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Why I still strongly dislike metro

I'm going to keep this fairly simple instead of going into great details.

1) Limited to 1 screen.
2) 1 instance of internet explorer only
3) Microsoft owes me $10 for décor8 and start8
4) No correlation between desktop apps and metro apps (for some reason installing metro dropbox as well as desktop dropbox involves 2 different folder setups.
5) Store is still extremely limited from my point of view, and the way its organized is poor.
6) Mail app, your always stuck with the 3 panes no matter what, and for some reason it doesn't pickup email links from anywhere. Also, sideways scrolling should NEVER really happen by default.
7) IE10, you cannot reorganize the pinned website in the app, its always going to be in order of pinned which is unacceptable.
8) Extremely limited settings throughout metro, most noticeable in IE10 where there are none. At all. The hoops I had to go through to change the default search engine was appalling.
9) I have found the split screen too limiting on my desktop to be of any real use, 50/50 would be useful not the 6th of so of the screen that they have limited it to.
10) Lack of flash and other plugins (sliverlight for example) in IE10. This is not some gimped cellphone OS this is Windows FFS.
11) Inability to install desktop programs from the store

With all the features/functionality that Microsoft could have added, something along the way of Ubuntu's workspaces for example, we got this near useless layer, for it is just a layer ontop of windows. The rest of Windows8 really is just a service pack upgrade for the most part from what I can tell, if you missed the cheap upgrade do not bother.

Last edited by muse108dc; February 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM.