View Single Post
Old February 5, 2013, 06:17 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default HWC and YOU: Review & Article Input Requested

So here we are in the SIXTH YEAR of Hardware Canucks and boy has time flown.

Community engagement and providing unbiased content remain central commitments from the review and admin team here. As such, over the next few weeks I'll be starting a number of forum threads which allow you to voice your UNFILTERED input regarding the site, where we are and how we can better adapt to your expectations.

In this topic, we'll be discussing reviews and articles.

As you know, the industry is changing. Be that for the better or worst is immaterial; HWC has to adapt. Additional focus is being put upon mobility products (notebooks primarily) while still remaining true to our primary categories of CPUs, GPUs, SSDs and other add in components.

In the next few weeks, you'll see a complete revision of our graphics card testing methodologies and the introduction of Build Guides which tackle various aspects of building an upgrading a system. In that vein, we'll also be tackling items that aren't discussed much but remain a mystery to many: data migration, setting up a cache drive / RAID, easy overclocking guides for AMD and Intel systems, etc.

While this is just the time of an overly large iceberg, I'd still like your input.

- What would you like to see reviewed?

- Are there any categories we currently cover where you would like to see MORE reviews?

- In our current stable of reviews, where do you believe improvements can and should be made?

- What type of content do you think HWC is missing?

- Is there anything you would like to see LESS of?

- Do you find the reviews too long / short?

- Should more video reviews be done?

Naturally, the list goes on and on but in this thread I want YOU to pick and choose your comments, no matter how harsh.

Tell us about the reviews, the content or anything else for that matter but above all else, let's improve HWC together.