Thread: Update Rant
View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 10:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Start with a band new drive and reload from scratch.

How old the oldest install on the system if over about 2 years them buy some new drives put your old drives in an enclosure and only go to them when you need to.

Better yet have NAS and use it as storage drive.

Called corrupted OS
I'm not sure what you mean by a NAS?

My case has room for four drives in removable section at the bottom of this picture, I have two SSD's (one 120 with Win8 and one 160 with Win7) plus and older 750 GB drive for back up purposes and the newer SATA3 2T drive which is my primary data drive. I also have another eSata 750 external and 250 USB connected directly to my router which someday I hope to make into a FTP accessible device. There are more empty bays directly above the hard drive enclosure (there are two optical drives and a card reader but they are near the top of the case) I'm sure I could get another drive in there if I wanted too. Never thought I'd see the day where the 2T drive was getting full but if you have a 2T for data you need another 2T to back it up. Right now I'm selectively backing up photos onto both 750 drives and not bothering to back up programs. I have ONE Sata connection open on the motherboard, it came with seven. I think there are ways around that but have not looked into it.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig