View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 07:01 PM
Trial Member

Default Reasonably Priced Gaming Computer.

Hey guys, I'm new here having just discovered HardwareCanucks From one of NCIXTechTips videos, and I'm excited to be here, I hope my stay here will be welcome despite that I really don't know much about Tech(:
So let's get down to it, I'm wanting to build a gaming computer with a budget of 700, which is roughly 1100 USD / Canadian Dollars. The computer use would be light gaming, light being MMORPG games such as WoW and RuneScape, and some FPS games like Soldier Front and GunZ. I have an Xbox 360 For games like Battlefield, Call of Duty etc, and I prefer those on Xbox tbh. And also watching Full 1080p HD Films/Videos on Netflix and YouTube etc. However I mainly download my Films, but I don't necessarily need huge storage seeing as I don't play that many games, The games I do play aren't exactly very demanding, and once I watch a Film I delete it. And I know the GPU's I listed below maybe overkill For the use, but yeah.. I'm open to all suggestions. The SSD is mainly For The OS and other things so my computer can maintain Fast boot up times and so that applications/programs will remain to load quick.
All Feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated and if anyone wants to suggest parts that I should use or if any of you want to build and link me an entire new computer I'll be more than grateful.

The parts I've chosen are:

Intel Core i3 3220 Or an Intel Core i5 3330, or perhaps even a i5 3470 If I can get one For a reasonable price.

Or an AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core CPU, or any other AMD CPU's within the price range of the others

MSI B75MA-P45 Intel B75 Motherboard (Don't really know about Motherboards) = 45.30

GeForce GTX 660Ti (Probably a Palit seeing as they're the cheapest) Or a Radeon 3GB 7870 / 7950 (Probably a Sapphire / Tahti Le)

Corsair Memory Vegenace 8GB RAM = 42.96

Seagate 1TB HDD = 53.63

Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD = Guessing 80-100

Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 650W PSU = 70.38

Corsair Carbide 200R = 49.99 (If I have enough then maybe a 300R case)

Please note that I can't afford an Intel i5 with a 660Ti or a 7950, I preferably need something like The Intel i3 with a 660Ti / 7950 or The Intel i5 with something like the standard GTX 660 / 7870 If you know what I mean, and given the needs, I really don't know what to chose as my knowledge isn't yet sufficient enough.

Please also note that I don't need an OS.
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Last edited by TechieNewb; February 4, 2013 at 07:19 PM.