Thread: Strange Lockup
View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 07:45 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Strange Lockup

Hi,

So, last night I was playing Diablo 3 whilst on skype, and surfing the web. Out of no where the game locked up, however I was still able to communicate in skype as well as surf the web. About 1min later Skype logged me out, and the system then completely froze up, Blue screened and rebooted.

On reboot my SSD (Crucial M4 128gb) was not detected. I had to do a full power off, and not the reboot for it to be seen. This happened 4 times last night. There is no event viewer log, so I don't have much to go on. When I pressed CTRL-ALT-DLT to force a shutdown of D3, the windows splash screen said "Configuring security options" and I never got the normal list (lock, shutdown, task manager, etc) on the screen.

It sounds like an error with the SSD, but I am not 100% sure. I know it isn't the Marvel controller failing as my Raid is still visible while the SSD isn't. Has anyone had an issue like this before? It is the slow shutdown of applications that really confuses me about it. Skype didn't just crash, it did a proper exit as the audio file for the skype exit played.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Jonesy