View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 09:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
Asus VG23AH!

IPS monitor for $220 ish with great viewing angles, speakers, LG's FPR 3d (gimmick IMHO), dual HDMI, single DVI and VGA. This is Canadian price, not sure where you are...

It also has a height adjustable stand, and with custom timings from an AMD or nVidia video card can do 72hz (confirmed).

Why bother with this other stuff when you can get high quality for an inexpensive price?

If I was in your situation this is 100% the monitor I'd go with, no holds barred.

Even if you are sitting right in front of it, a TN monitor at 24" will still have darker top and brighter bottom characteristics. It's not horrible, and generally not a problem during gaming, but with solid blocks of color, like a colored background on text, you'll possibly notice it, regardless of where you sit.

My only recommendation of TN screens is if you absolutely need 120hz as they are currently the only ones that are sold with that feature.

Here's a link:

ASUS - Display- ASUS VG23AH
This looks good, but a LOT of reviews complain about grey lines running across the monitor. I might just save up for this :(
Amazon.com: Asus PA238Q 23-Inch Professional Super-IPS Full-HD LED Monitor: Electronics

EDIT: How about this guys? :D Seems to me like a great monitor!Amazon.com: Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms: Electronics
but it has an 8ms response time. is that bad?

Last edited by PcWizTech; January 31, 2013 at 09:53 AM.