View Single Post
Old January 30, 2013, 07:35 PM
Rookie

I didn't search Google but after taking a close look at the capacitors I think I have 5 or 6 that are either dead or ready to go. The reason I say this is because they all look alike except for the five or six that have the cross on top which appears to be rounded, the others have a cross marking that looks flat. Today the computer took 5 restarts but has been running OK all day. I have a complete backup of the hard drive on a new 1TB WD drive but I am not sure how much I would be able to recover to a new computer running Windows 8 64 bit. Ordinary files in my "downloads" folder should be OK but a program like Turbo Tax which has all my old tax info may not re-install. Another is my email, I now use Outlook Express and have been saving emails back to 1999 and my addresses. I have Acronis True Image and Plus, I may simply use this to transfer from this comuter to another good and newer computer I have that is running Windows XP, it's supposed to work, If you have any ideas please let me know.

God bless
Jim