View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 10:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
very nicely tidied up. Looks great. The corsair sp are getting great reviews, and they look excellent installed. I am curious to see what your gpu temps will be like having it after the cpu and mob. Not that I have any experience with WC, but it looks like a 45 deg off the bottom of the gpu would clean out the bend over the PSU fan...maybe not, but I thought I would mention it.
Thank you!

I thought I'd give the SP fans a go for those exact reasons. Good reviews and great looks. The 7970 never broke 50*C before so we'll see how that turns out. I hope it stays in the same ballpark with this loop change. You're right about the fitting off the bottom of the gpu block, but I don't have many fittings to choose from right now. I should have tried harder ahead of time to see how it would turn out and ordered a small handful of fittings. Oh well.

Edit: I decided to take the "complete" label off of the thread title.

Edit #2: The mobo and video card are both running the exact temps as before. So it's true that in a system with sufficient coolant flow rate, the order of your components in the loop has no impact on their temperatures.

Last edited by Killswitch; February 1, 2013 at 06:43 AM.