View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 06:58 PM
Rookie

Question Asus P5AD2-E Premium booting problem

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in this forum, I have been looking for an answer for about a year, I have an Asus P5AD2-E Premium computer I built about 7 years ago and in the last year it refuses to boot on the first atempt if it has been shut off over night, usually the second try is successful and the computer works fine, on the first try the bios usually stops just as it begins the hard drive selection, I only have one Sata hard drive and one DVD drive in this computer. I have taken this computer apart at least three times, replaced hard drive, power supply, all ram chips, cleaned all connections, cleared and updated the bios, changed the cmos battery, have all the latest drivers, I even removed the cpu cooler and cleaned and applied new thermal paste, I am just hoping someone can think of something I haven't done.

I have contacted Asus but as you may know you don't get much help from them, they make very good motherboards but don't have time to troubleshoot things like this.

I suspect a weak component on the motherboard, and if so there is not much to do but replace it.

Thank you
God bless
Jim

Please give it a try, I really would like to solve this before I give up. If it can be fixed I intend to give it away to someone who has none and build a new one.