Thread: Mechwarrior
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 06:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw907 View Post
Nope, just the typical grind fest.

If you haven't played 25 (I think?) games yet though, you will get cadet bonuses for every game up to your 25th game. I think it's about 200-300k C-Bills per match.

The menus haven't really changed much, unfortunately, but I don't exactly fiddle with the system settings that frequently, anyways. It is cumbersome to have to exit the match to change your settings/keybinds, but once you have that all set up, it's not all that bad.

There are still definitely some quirks in the physics still (clipping against buildings, teleporting through mechs, etc.), but they did make a major improvement with the netcode recently, which definitely helps with the so-called "lag-shield" that fast lights had previously.

Overall, they still have a lot of work to do to perfect the game's mechanics, but the basic structure currently in place is still enjoyable, imo.
Just tried it again attempting both Joystick and Mouse keyboard control.
The controls are NOTHING like MW's pedigree at all. Its wrong in a way I can't even begin to describe.
And, there is not even a training room to practice controls and such in to perfect that before commiting and looking like an idiot in front of everyone in game.

I had hope (heck I started this thread) that they would get the controls right. I was wrong.

Few games ever graced my un-install list. I think this will be one of them.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com