Thread: Mechwarrior
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 01:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Do you have to pay to be able to configure or make a mech or gain experience?
Nope, just the typical grind fest.

If you haven't played 25 (I think?) games yet though, you will get cadet bonuses for every game up to your 25th game. I think it's about 200-300k C-Bills per match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I am going to attempt it again, the damn menus are not as intuitive as they could be and the controls need a lot of work. Among other things.

It does not feel as poished as it should comming from a LONG standing Mech Player.

-ST
The menus haven't really changed much, unfortunately, but I don't exactly fiddle with the system settings that frequently, anyways. It is cumbersome to have to exit the match to change your settings/keybinds, but once you have that all set up, it's not all that bad.

There are still definitely some quirks in the physics still (clipping against buildings, teleporting through mechs, etc.), but they did make a major improvement with the netcode recently, which definitely helps with the so-called "lag-shield" that fast lights had previously.

Overall, they still have a lot of work to do to perfect the game's mechanics, but the basic structure currently in place is still enjoyable, imo.

Last edited by SugarJ; January 24, 2013 at 01:51 PM.