View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 11:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

My only honest point of contention, and one that I can touch base with because of numbered experience is the boards.
You are correct to say for the processor neither will be faster with the same proc.
However what does matter greatly and where the 'enthusiast boards' shine is build quality.
Those cheap boards many times are cheap because they have to keep within a budget and sacrifice on quality.
Be it substandard CAPS, Chokes, MOSFET's , or even lack of any type of reasonable cooling. Which, when stuffed into a budget case with budget fans is an eventual recipie for disaster.

You, most times from respectable manufactureres in boards, get what you pay for.

I don't care that for my board I won't max out or saturate my USB or SATA for sometime to come. What matters to me is my board in itself will outlive the usefullness of all items I attach to it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com