View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Unless you're using an nvidia card as your primary display driver, you don't have physx, nor can it be run on a separate card in that situation.

I use a 570 as a Physx card to my 680.

Actually, it's more for folding, but since it's in the rig, I might as well make the most use of it.
I have heard this to be true and false read lots of reviews that included both mixed cards but I will find out myself first hand soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
The opterons may be bottlenecking the gpu in some situations. I tried gaming on a 6128 and a 7970 and it seemed to be slower compared to an i5.
My backup rig next week becomes my main, it right now runs a 920,12gb 1600 ram,MSI 660 TF OC next week the backup rig moves to 980X, 24GB 1600 and the 660 will see some more overclocking.

But the dual opteron rig will become my Tera TV gamer and school computer, so if I can get the 640 to work as physx it will be a awesome rig if not I will file an expense report for a new Firepro Card or Quadro card and just be happy with that and move my 6970 to my A10 rig and put that on the TV haha.