View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 11:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Gifts can be new you know
and not necessarily, burn-ins are not noticeable on many headphones and are purely placebo

Tiamat mic is noisy and picks up quite a bit of background
I know that gifts can be new. That's why I said "and" your friend used them etc. Perhaps burn in may not be noticeable in ALL headphones,but I sure noticed it with my Tiamats. I have no issues with the mic. either. I think the problems people had, were related to drivers and the USB power connection on many motherboards. Mine included. If a USB hub is used to power the Tiamats,the noise etc. is gone. I use USB 3 to power my set,loaded the latest drivers,and have not had ANY issues at all. Speaker burn in,is not a placebo effect Jackquelegs. Speaker burn in is a fact. Trust me. I've owned, and still own, enough headphones to have made that determination. I'm no audio expert or engineer,but I know what I hear.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5