Old January 19, 2013, 06:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Win 8 Vs Win8 in PCMark7

Similar results.

Win 8 = 2372
Win 7 = 3987

Result {Hmmm do you need to log in to see the results???}

PCMark7 did give me a few more details (or at least made them stand out better through their comparison chart (see link above) I notice that the Graphics Card Core Clock scores 890 in the Win8 version and only 300 in the Win7 (even though I assume Win7's higher number is almost twice as good as Win8 version, even though the Graphic Card Core Clock is only 30% of the Win 8. Odd? Any thoughts on this difference?

The report did not capture the CPU Clock for the Win8 system (I believe it is either the same (44) or might be 45, will have to reboot, go to Win8 and double check what CPU-Z reports. I've been "tweeking" the CPU speed trying different things in the BIOS and through ASUS's AI Suite, and in Win8 through the Catalyst Vision Control Centre which has a CPU overdrive option, in Win7 that is a separate program called AMD OverDrive and not part of AMD's CCC. Scared myself when after making some adjustments in BIOS, I was not getting a reboot, it would start up and then shut down. Tried a few times and then it worked and I was able to undo the changes I'd made, ... I guess I should know what I'm doing in the BIOS before experimenting eh?

The chart in the report referenced above is a bit jumbled. Going back to the original reports I do find a problem. In my Win8 report the fist of the graphics test reports a FPS of just 2.08. That can't be right. It compares to 22.65 in Win7 and may be the reason for the big difference between the two tests. In the Direct X9 video comparisons it is closer, Win7 has the edge at 34.63 while Win8 has 31.52.

I'm downloading PCMark11 to see if that give similar results.

On with adventures in benchmarking (My wife thinks I'm crazy for spending all this time trying to measure the computer ~ does it work, well yes. ~ does it play your games well? Yes it does ~ So what's up with spending the better part of the day tinkering with the settings and testing and retesting the system??? She just does not get it. . . . I'm treating it like a puzzle or video game of its own, I just want to see what this baby will do. ...

Anyone with me on this? ? ?

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig