View Single Post
Old January 18, 2013, 01:49 AM
Top Prospect

Default Cure for slow boots because of too many USB devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've had similar issues to you if I leave my SGS1 plugged in when I start up the computer, windows will hang at the loading screen. I'll have to unplug it and restart the computer. No issues when it's plugged in after Windows has booted
I had the same problem with Windows 7 which produced boot times of up to 2 minutes while hanging at the "verifying pool data" screen. It didn't take me too long to figure out the cause was too many USB devices, (2 external drives, plus keyboard, mouse, charger etc) connected to my PC. It literally took me days of searching before I ran across the fix. Very common problem and one forum I found with the answer.

Disable USB storage in the BIOS. Some have reported that they had to unplug and replug their USB devices to force detection. I didn't have any issues with my peripherals or the external drives, everything worked great.

Really wish I had retained the site and the posters name where I found this answer. He/she deserves all the credit.

Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities. - Voltaire

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.- Ruth Hurmence Green

There is not enough love and kindness in the world to give any of it away to imaginary beings. - Friedrich Nietzsche