Thread: 7970 Thermals
View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
As the card vents into the case make sure you have a side panel where the fan moves air out of the case, that should help lower the card recycling and reusing the hot air inside.
I actually found better results with a side fan flowing IN rather than exhaust. This is with a dual card setup (GTX680/570). When I had the side fan exhausting, temps spiked by about 15 degrees, with the 680 sometimes hitting 90 degrees. With the fan blowing cool air onto the video cards, temps came down to a more realistic 60 degrees. YMMV.

But, IRQ, it's worth experimenting with different fan orientations/locations to see what kind of temps you come up with. If your case has a fan mount on the floor of a case, try running a fan there in Intake. Also, try running a fan as intake at the front of the case. Of course, your top and rear fans should be exhaust, but if your top fan mount has a dust filter, you could also experiment with it as an Intake. Just make sure to see what all your temps are before and after.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;