View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well I don't really feel like dicking around with firmwares these days. I have little time for much of anything between work, family and such so good hardware with decent firmware is my friend. And I have to say I am really, really happy with this router. But here's some reasons for the new hardware from my point of view.

1. Dual Band - WRT54G won't do this and my 5GHz connection to my TV allows me to stream 1080p movies flawlessly through Plex.
2. Memory - I am no guru but losing connections and conflicting IPs between the plethora of wifi devices I now own was a real PITA with the WRT54G. No longer an issue.
3. Data Rate - WRT54G is locked to B and G with a max of 54Mbps. And even though all my devices are not 802.11N I would gather they still benefit from having a stronger signal coming from my RT-N56U.

And honestly the firmware on this router is pretty decent. Lots of QoS options and ability to setup and monitor more "stuff" than I could even be bothered with to be honest. Count me in as a fan of the RT-N56U. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE