View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 09:24 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
ouch my student loan was in 2004 but the old bank account was deleted... no need to call... ;p

anyway thanks for this important information...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
Saw this morning as well. Ended up closing the account I had with my loans just to err on the side of caution.
Wrong guys.

Its your Social Insurance Number they have lost too.

I was on the phone yesterday for over an hour before I hung up. I had loans for two of the affected years, and I know several people already who have gotten confirmation that their bank info, address, and SIN numbers have been lost.

Feds lose student loan data for 583,000 people - Canada - Canoe.ca

Quote:
The federal government has lost an external hard drive containing the personal information of more than half a million student loan borrowers.

The external hard drive, which contained data on 583,000 people who got student loans between 2000 and 2006, went missing from the the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) office in Gatineau, Que.

The missing info includes names, birth dates, Social Insurance Numbers, addresses and student loan balances.

They knew about thins since Nov, and released this info Friday night (when this govt typically releases bad info).

There is a class-action lawsuit in the works in Newfoundland. Once I get confirmation (and EVERY single person who I know got loans during this period has been told their info is lost) I'll join them.
Fold for team #54196