View Single Post
Old July 11, 2008, 11:44 PM
MVP
F@H

Yet another post strongly urging you to get better ram. There are some amazing deals on NCIX and on HWC sponsored deals for great RAM pretty much every week. Excellent choice on the E8400, I think that is definitely the sweet spot right now for a CPU. If you have good airflow 3.6 on stock cooling should be attainable, depends on your own personal temperature threshold that you are comfortable with. Since you aren't planning on OCing right now don't worry about extra cooling until you have to. I also like Pioneer drives better but I recently installed that Samsung drive in a friends rig and there haven't been any problems with it. As previously mentioned you don't have a case listed, are you reusing one from a previous build? And are you doing the same with Windows? (I'm assuming it's Windows you're going to use since it's a gaming rig...)

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12