View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 12:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnubian View Post
I have budgeted ~$200 for the case. Full tower is ok.

The 2 issues are compatibility with a 280mm X60 with the required 15mm fan spacing, and clearance space measured from the inside top of the enclosure to the top edge of the motherboard. The Z77 Sabertooth has large VRM heatsinks that will get in the way probably if there is any fan or radiator overhang as it does with the Cooler Master CM690 M2 Advanced that I have (And have now put up for sale). I would love a case that would give me enough clearance to mount the fans (Push) and the rad inside the case without overhanging the motherboard. Being able to mount 2 additional fans under the enclosure's top cover is a plus.

The Switch 810 is a very real contender, and a beautiful case at that, but having to wait for the proper top replacement panel to arrive, 15mm fan spacing, after purchasing the case is a negative for me unless I was assured that the one I bought already had the revised panel or shipped with it.
Perhaps see if Xnine can get you a serial number range that has the modified or new top plane for the Switch 810. That might be the most logical move in all honesty. I myself was burned a bit when the industry standards were different, with the 200mm fans. Poor Phantom, never got the honour of a build because of it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com