View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 05:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Pegatron is a partial subsidiary of ASUS. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about as Pegatron produces some of the most popular smartphones and tablets alongside primary boards for Panasonic and LG devices and some of the Mac innards for Apple.
Maybe I read the article wrong but they are ending that cycle with them are they not? Instead allowing multiple companies to do the work for them.

Quote:
ASUS and Pegatron enjoy quite the relationship, but 2012 is the year of the end of everything, and ASUS now have plans to end their ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) partnership with Pegatron. ASUS first have plans to decrease ODM production of motherboards from Pegatron which will start mid way through the year, after which they'll completely end their ODM relationship by Q3 2012, according to component manufacturers.
And,

Quote:
After ending their ODM partnership with Pegatron, ASUS will have other companies stand up and take ODM motherboard production, these companies are: Thailand-based Cal-Comp Electronics, Taiwan-based Global Brands Manufacture, Info-Tek and Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS). ECS and ASUS aren't strangers to each other, either, as ECS has been an ODM of graphics cards for ASUS.
-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com