View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Let's see if I catch everything here:

I chose the XFX PSU because from what I've heard/read, they're made by seasonic (teksyndicate).

I don't think anything is wrong with the ram so I'll hang to it for now, as it's a single 8GB stick - the max supported per slot for the MB I think, so I'll go with that.

I checked some more and the Tahiti seems like a solid recommendation, but if/since the 7950 is in the range I'm looking for, the options at this point are to grab that, or build up some more bucks and put out for the gtx 670.

If I do opt for a radeon card, I will probably switch back to the Gigabyte board I chose originally, the Z77-D3H

I guess I'll spring for the SSD as well, and with that the recommendation regarding the WD green makes total sense too.

In that vein, let me ask what are the differences between these three drives that warrant the differences in their prices. The Third I see is second gen, but still..

All three are Crucial M4 128GB SSD's

Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD3 Msata 128GB SATA III Mlc Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - DirectCanada

Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD1CCA 2.5in 128GB SATA3 MLC 7MM Internal Solid State DRIVE+DATA Transfer Kit - DirectCanada

Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD1 2.5in 128GB SATA III MLC 7MM Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - DirectCanada

Last edited by ArioR; January 15, 2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added Question