View Single Post
Old January 13, 2013, 01:18 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Chassis 200mm fans on the left side panel doors

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I currently own a NZXT LEXA Blackline which is a Mid Tower Chassis. The space inside is OK for that PCs hardware, but it created some clutter and higher temperatures. So this time I chose a Full tower Chassis for my new built based primarily on the cooling performance and the ease of work that the plenty of space inside provides. Also, Cable Management plays a big roll.

Since I want the best performance, when it comes to PC Chassis, money is not an issue; except for the original Thermaltake Level 10 & Limited editions ($800 to $1000) which are way too expensive.

Anyway, back to the original subject:

• Thermaltake Level 10 GT (Snow Edition): The 200mm fan on the left side panel door seems integrated to the panel structure and does not have a wire - rather the circuit is reconnected once the door is closed. My concern is that if that fan fails, due to this unique design it might not be replaceable with a regular 200mm fan. That would be an issue.
  • NZXT Phantom 820 (Gunmetal): My concern with clearance is that the 200mm fan on the left side panel, according to the online reviews and product pictures, would be in very close proximity to the CPU Heatsink (NH-D14 SE2011) and to the GPU (EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW). I cant change my selection of CPU Heatsink and I would like to add another GPU down the road for SLI fun.

Do you folks have any comments and/or information on the above?

Regards,

Last edited by Beto Garcia; January 13, 2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the Title.