Tried to go back to Windows 7.....
View Single Post
January 12, 2013, 11:48 AM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
My System Specs
Originally Posted by
So, I installed windows 8 in the fall. I hated the Metro UI from the start. But.......
I tried to go back to Windows 7 yesterday. LOL. It didnt last on my pc for more than a couple of hours.
- prefer the new flatter window design. MS is right. Aero is gimicky.
- prefer the flat, square windows to the rounded ones in 7.
- love Win 8's task manager. Its a huge improvement.
- Simple things like copying files is way better in 8. I love the realtime transfer speed graph.
- Win 8 really seems snappier to me.
- dislike the windows store apps and reall dont like all of the ads at all. But after uninstalling the apps I dont care for and organize the start screen to my tastes, I'm ok with it.
- The menus in win 8 are better as well.
I cant go back to win 7 now, I am growing used to 8. I give a lot of tech support to people so it only makes sense for me to be running the latest os.
Anyway, I guess I am turning around a bit and becoming used to win 8. Feels dirty for me to go back to 7.
Although I can't agree with Metro, Start8 and Win8 have been a winning combo with me for many of teh reasons you state.
Fold for team #54196
My System Specs
Main(Blackie) Asus Rampage III Formula // F@H Rig(Foldy) Asus P6T
Blackie: i7 970 @4.0GHZ Heatkiller 3.0// Foldy: i7 970 @4.0GHZ EK Supreme
Blackie: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 1600mhz // Foldy: Mushkin 1600MHZ 6GB
Blackie: Evga GTX 580 1.5GB Koolance WB Foldy: Zotac GTX 460 768MB
Blackie: OCZ Vertex 2 240GB, Seagate 3TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Black 1TB Foldy: Intel X25-M 80GB Gen2, WB Black 500GB Externals: WD Green 1.5TB, WD Green 1TB
Blackie: Corsair AX1200w // Foldy: Enermax Revo85+ 1050W
Blackie: Corsair 800D // Foldy: CM HAF 932
Blackie: X-fi Titanium Pro
Blackie: LG Blu-ray writer // Foldy: LG Blu-ray rom
Blackie: Samsung 2693HM 25.5in // Foldy: Acer H213HBMID 21.5in
Blackie: W7 Ultimate 64-bit // Foldy: W7 Pro 64-bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chrisk
Find all posts by chrisk