View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Have you considered going with a core i3? its not too far in price from the phenom and it would be better for gaming in almost all situations than the phenom. It would also give you an upgrade path to an i5 or an i7 later.

Motherboards:
MSI Z77MA-G45 mATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 SATA3 DVI HDMI VGA USB3.0 Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-M mATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 2PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 1PCI SATA3 HDMI DVI USB3.0 Motherboard

if you have a preference for asus that should be a great board, but it does not have as many audio ins/outs, if you need those the msi board may be better, the msi board also appears to be able to do x8x8 pci 3 sli if i am not mistaken as long as you wouldnt need any other pci cards, but with a 660ti i would just upgrade to a new graphics card rather than ever sli with it when you need more power

Processor:
Intel Core i3 3220 Dual Core Hyperthreading Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Ivy Bridge 3MB Retail Box

ivy bridge core i3, again leaves you able to upgrade to an i5 later

using this idea would cost more now, but you are getting a great deal on the gpu you wish you could get and then if you do this you have the upgrade path to a processor you wish you could get, and an i3 is good for gaming as well