View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBrads View Post
2x EVGA 02G-P4-2676-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW LE: 389.99 each
First ting, if your going to have a 1920x1080 monitor you REALLY don't need 2 670's or even a single 680.
I have the Asus 670 and it max's everything at a solid 60fps (locked to 60)
If you want a 120hz screen or a larger res, then yes go bigger but for a single 1080 monitor 1 670 is plenty.
Also, why EVGA, from what I've heard their quality of service etc has gone down allot in recent years, and add to that a pretty lack-lustre design of cooling.
I would go a MSI 670 power edition. (price dependant but definitely an after-market cooler)

Quote:
Corsair Vengeance Series 16GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800) 80.00
Don't hear particularly great things about the vengence series. I would look at cl9 ram with 1.5V
I like the Gskill stuff myself.

Quote:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Motherboard: 140.00
If your in CA this could be a nightmare.. Gigabyte to me have not very good customer support and a RMA dpt in the US only..
again MSI is probably your best bang for buck (and very good on support from what I hear)

Quote:
Computer case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Mid Tower Case Military: 150.00
If you do want to go for dual cards now / in the future, make sure the lower card isn't too close to the PSU.
This is common in mid towers and it will restrict the air to your card.

On the SSD, I don't know your personal usage but IMO the bigger the better.. I hate removing games etc to make room on mine and it adds unnecessary writes every time I want to switch in a game / program.
128GB for me does my os, most apps and I think 6 games. If I had the chance I would go back and get a 256GB drive at least.