View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 01:13 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGWalrus View Post
Thanks for the advice wildrose. I'm pretty decided on the case. I like the looks, it fits were i plan on putting the pc too.
I found a review of the vishera cpus last night that used the same motherboard, ram, and the 6870.
AMD Piledriver FX Review - FX 8350, 8320, 6300 vs Intel Core i5 and i3
They got pretty decent figures for everything except Skyrim. Which really seems to favour Intel.
Other than that, i was thinking of uping to the 8350 just because. Do you guys think western digital drives are better than seagates? I have never had problems with seagate but heard others have.
We agree on the ram, os, psu and gpu at least. Ill look into that motherboard too. Thanks again guys!
No problem, And I can say from a lot of experience WD is better (Watch me say that as you get a DOA drive)
Seagates and samesungs are known to fail. I've never tried Hitachi, except for the travelstar that came with my laptop, so I can't say much. Other than that I'd recommend WD over seagate any day.

As you can see in the review the difference in Skyrim framerate is less than 10 on average, so the 6300 would be a good bet. The 8350 is a good choice as well, My friend has the 8150 and is very happy with it, And the 8350 is a HUGE improvement on the 8150 so you'd be set.

If you have any more questions or want my advice/opinion feel free to ask in a reply or PM me!

~Ryan
"Well... It's the "Oh s**t!" fan."
"What do you mean?"
"Well what do you say when your graphics card hits 90c?"