View Single Post
Old January 3, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've experimented myself with my OC and different settings and personally I do not use "AUTO" settings for voltage offset. For some reason the voltage seems to increase more than it really needs to when OCing. After playing around with that setting I could run my OCs cooler. Personally I use a 0.03 value offset, you might want to start low and go upwards until you find the sweet spot. Also, I personally use AIDA64's stress test, it is more appropriate one to use for my Ivy Bridge processor. You probably have a bad mount, but your temps are definitely too hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
Paste is the one that came with the Noctua. Additionally, I've owned the rig for close to half a year without overclocking and never had any temps problems. Temps at stock clock speeds were ~20 idle, 60~full load. Today is the first day I've used real temp. Maybe real temp is displaying inaccurate temperatures?? Just a thought.

Case: Haf x with fan setup as follows:

2x200mm at top as exhaust
1x200mm side fan intake
1x200mm front fan intake
1x140 or 120mm rear fan as exhaust.

noctua with 2 fans attached.

Im using the P95 test in the picture. The guide i was following said to select blend, then custom, and set p95 to use 85 or 90 percent of available ram. I chose 85 percent.

first day using:
P95
Realtemp

EDIT: Bios Screenshot, keep in mind this is my first ever overclock. Maybe i've done something COMPLETELY wrong? :( I appreciate the help guys.

CPU-Z and RealTemp (notice 95C max from Prime95)

Prime95 Using 85% of Available RAM