View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 10:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGWalrus View Post
Thanks Solidcree I'll look into those parts.
ANd ya its the best simple looking case i can find plus a good name.

Masteroderus how much of a framerate are we talking about? remember I'll be using just one screen and I get about 19 fps on medium right now. So ANYTHING would be better than what I have. But i will look into it.

any other advice?
My advice:
The guy who said the FX would not get as high of framerate is correct, but as far as I can tell (I've looked up a few reviews) it isn't that bad. you're only looking at (at most) a 10fps difference.

Here's my advice/opinions on hardware, partly taken from the list the above poster made.
  • Motherboard: Go with an M5A97 R2. My friend has the board and it's great.
  • CPU: Go with an FX-6300, it isn't that much more money, but it's the newest CPU and has much better performance than the FX-6100.
  • RAM: I'd recommend going with Corsair (Vengeance), G.Skill, ADATA or Kingston RAM. 8GB (2x4GB) would be the perfect kit, And I'd go with 1600Mhz vs 1866, the performance for gaming is unnoticeable between 1600 and 1866mhz.
  • Case: There are better (And cheaper) cases that would do you well (Such as the NZXT Source 220, and NZXT M59) I don't know much about Antec cases, but I can tell you NZXT are very good.
  • The coolerMaster Hyper212 Evo is a very good choice for a CPU cooler, it will do much better than the stock heatsink that comes with the CPU.
  • Windows 7 is still a great choice for gaming, but keep in mind Windows 8 is only $10 more, but that's up to you, I PERSONALLY love Windows 8 and will be using it, A lot of people don't, though.
  • Hard drive: I would recommend staying AWAY from Seagate hard drives. They may be $10-$20 cheaper, but the price shows, I've dealt with MANY seagate drives, And I've had a lot of problems with them. I would recommend going with a Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB, or whatever size you prefer.
  • PSU: The XFX PSU mentioned above (PRO750W XXX edition) is a good choice, also any XFX, Corsair or Seasonic PSU is usually a good bet.
  • Optical drive: The Blu-Ray drive mentioned above is a good choice, but if you're not going to be dealing with Blu-Ray than an ASUS 24X DVD drive would save some money and still be a solid choice.
  • Mice and keyboards are completely your opinion, so you would probably be better off doing some research and picking your own.
  • Graphics: The 7870 and GTX 660 (non-ti) are both great choices.

If you have any questions or want advice on anything feel free to ask in a reply or PM me!
Hope I helped!

~Ryan
"Well... It's the "Oh s**t!" fan."
"What do you mean?"
"Well what do you say when your graphics card hits 90c?"