View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 08:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBrads View Post
Greetings,

I currently have a gaming laptop that does decently well playing most current games, however, it does not run everything at full settings.

With that being said, I would like advice on building an ultimate PC that can run current games like FC3, Planetside 2, etc with full ultra settings with 60 fps.

With 2500 dollars to spend, this may not even be considered a budget to most of you.

Here are some specifications I know I'll have:

CPU: Intel
HD: SSD (no more than 180GB)
Lightweight build: this isn't a requirement, but I'd like your opinions on something lighter instead of heavier. I'm used to laptops so you see where I am coming from.
Okay here's my advice (And it should come in nicely under budget, and still be nicely futureproof)

Motherboard: I'd recommend an ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI or ASRock (Just go to newegg or Amazon and read reviews of them, don't be scared of DOA reviews, DOA parts are sadly just something that happens to everyone sometimes.)

CPU: Intel i5-3570k (Or the i5-3570 non-k if you don't think you'll be overclocking)
As for cooling the CPU the stock heatsink would be okay but I'd recommend looking into an aftermarket CPU cooler (Liquid cooling such as a Corsair H60, or H80 would be a good choice)
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 670/680 (MSI, EVGA or Galaxy are great brand choices)

RAM: You won't need more than 8GB, but if you really want to be futureproofed 16GB can still be bought at a good price. I'd recommend Corsair, G.Skill, ADATA or Kingston for RAM. 16GB (4x4GB, or 2x8GB) of 1600Mhz C9 RAM, C10 would be okay too.

Storage: I'd recommend a WD Caviar Black 1TB for storage. And an OCZ Vertex 4 128GB for games.
But as I've been advised on my thread (And I know from owning a Vertex 4 128GB already) they do fill up fast. So a Corsair Neutron (Not Neutron GTX) 240GB would be a good choice.

As for a Power Supply a 750w would probably do you, But an 850w would leave you room to upgrade later.
STAY AWAY FROM CHEAP PSUs! The PSU is one of the worst (If not the worst) part you can go cheap on.
I'd recommend: Corsair (Highest recommended PSU I know of), Seasonic, or XFX.

If you have any questions, or want advice on anything feel free to ask it in a reply or PM me!

~Ryan
"Well... It's the "Oh s**t!" fan."
"What do you mean?"
"Well what do you say when your graphics card hits 90c?"