View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 05:06 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegrrl View Post
Thank you all for your responses.
If the 3770k is not much more expensive then I think I will go for that, it was something I was considering anyway. I'll check on the Adobe site to see if the GTX 670 is compatible - thank you for the heads up on that!
As for the PSU - I was going to go for a 650W one but thought I might need the 850W, I'll have to rethink that!
ZZLEE - I live in Edinburgh in Scotland. A local PC shop is going to do the build for me - I wanted to choose the components myself though to make sure everything is as best as I can get it for video editing in my budget (1500).
The official adobe site doesn't show support for the 6xx series cards. They did an update to CS6 about 4 months ago + a post on their PP blog to announce 680 support however. Why they did not update their website afterwards but just a heads up on that.

Asus P6X58-E WS | i7 920 D0 @ 4.01ghz W/ Apogee HD Block | 24gb (3x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 2x EVGA GTX 680 SC's in SLI W/ XSPC Razor Blocks |
4x 1tb WD Black Drives | SB Recon 3D PCIe | Swiftech MP655-SE Pump | Swiftech Maelstrom Res | CM HAF 932 | Corsair HX 850 (3 yr's old) | Asus VH236H + PA238QR