View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012, 06:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Lightbulb Looking for advice on a potential PC build.

Hey there everyone. Long time reader of Hardware canucks first time posting though,

I'm looking for some advice and help planning a new gaming desktop for me.
Also please bear with any slight typos and symbols missing....my keyboard is messed. thanks

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
I'm going to using it mainly for gaming. I plan on keeping my laptop for everything else. So it'll play games and maybe play music at the same time. I neither have the want or space for more than a single 1080p monitor.

2. What YOUR budget is.
800 to 1000. MAX 1150 with tax and shipping please. That doesn't include an os. And it doesn't have to include a monitor either.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
Canada because shipping costs to much from the states.

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
Alli can say is I've had intels fail on me but my AMDs have never done anything wrong. Other than that i refuse to buy samsung ram and hdds...way too many problems with them.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
My mouse and speakers. That's it.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
Yes I have. I just don't have the time or knowledge to search the difference between everything. And it's always better to get more than 1 opinion. I put together a idea of what i want here:
AMD FX-6300, Sapphire Radeon HD 7870, BitFenix Ghost (Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
Default for a while.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
In a month I want to buy the parts and then put it together as soon as I get all thee parts.

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
I currently run 1366x768 with no frills and crap settings. I'm looking to be able to get back into PC gaming without watching a strutting sceen go by. I also don't play games like BF3 or COD. I think my biggest graphical users i own are Syrim and Supreme Commander.

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
Nope. I'd like a simple quiet case, but thats it.

So basically I'm looking for some help on building a 900 dollar queit pc that supports 1920x1080 on high, no ultra needed, games. And I'll be building it in a month once I've finished saving up the money.

Thanks in advance