View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Exclamation New laptop - blank screen

Hi all,

I just got this laptop, but right now it's giving me a totally black screen (no backlight I'd assume) on boot:
ASUS S46CM-DH71 Intel Core i7 3517U 6GB 1TB+24GB GT635M 14.1IN DVDRW BT Windows 8 Ultrabook

It happened after I changed the boot order in BIOS (to take the internal SSD out of the boot order). I've tried the following so far:
  • Attach to external monitor with VGA cable - monitor acknowledges there's a connection, but is still blank (similar to what would happen if a working computer was off or in sleep mode)
  • Attach to external monitor with HDMI cable (monitor natively supports HDMI - no adaptors here): same effect as above
  • Mashing CTRL+ALT+DELETE - no effect
  • Cold reboot laptop with ESC (boot menu), F2 (straight to BIOS) pressed - no effect
  • Remove battery and adaptor, reconnect battery only, reboot - still blank screen
  • Remove battery and adaptor, reconnect adaptor only, reboot - still blank screen
Is there anything else I should try before RMAing this thing?

Thanks!