View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

6970 while a bit power hungry compared to current offerings is still a very good card provided you use the best drivers for it, I believe most used 12.4 12.6 and 12.8 for performance reasons, and 1920x1200 is perfect for it, not asking tons out of it, just using it efficently and also allowing the cpu to do its part in the process :)
for cpu overclocking usually 3.0Ghz 3.6Ghz and 4.0Ghz are your main sweet spots to gain the most performance and reduce bottlenecks.

Your cpu is dual channel vs the higher end X58 based that were tri-channel, so yes there could be a bneck here, but a very slight one at best and overclocking should help to mitigate this as well.
Having an SSD as an OS drive and the 2tb as a game drive is a very good thing, and should help overall performance, make tasks and background a little snappier, could help the game overall as well during load times and such, just make sure paging files are set per drive and large enough according to the size of installed ram. It may not give you a frame rate boost, but it does help overall smoothness in most everything(I have found)